Sunday, October 10, 2010

I hope that I can share the gospel...

“The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.” (Joseph Smith)

Oh Man I can't wait to serve a mission! I thought I knew a lot before I went to China, but now I realize I am just scratching the surface. Since China, I have learned quite a few principles (below), and because of them, I want to serve even more! I am so much more thrilled!!!

• In so many ways people look up to me as an example, so I have to watch all my actions more closely. You don’t just mature drastically when you get to a certain age, you have to go through trials and responsibility to reach the next dream.

• “It will never happen to me”-I always thought there were some things I was immune to. Peer pressures of sorts, immorality, bearing alone the weight of heavy responsibilities when I make bad decisions, not having money and feeling financially vulnerable.

• That China is SO close to opening up to the gospel, we need to pray for it to open, and that much of the missionary work to China will be through the Chinese natives and our efforts to share our testimonies online.

• To make the right choices now we need to step back, refocus our priorities, and live so we will be proud of every action 5, 10, 50 years from now. Choose to be the person we want people to remember.

• There is no “fantasy” but dreams are very real. Every step of our lives comes with burdens and benefits. We need to use those rocks in our paths to take a greater leap of faith, and we cannot just wait for things to sort themselves out if we know we can do something about it and hope all our problems dissolve.

• Answers come to those who truly seek. Sometimes the reasons we receive inspiration from friends, parents, teachers, and leaders, are because they are asking for it. They are asking how to help you or God’s children, and you haven’t been seeking enough. It is also to help build bonds and relationships and become disciples.

• Putting trust in God does not just mean you know He is there and loves you. It means trying your very hardest to do His will and knowing that He will make up the difference, when it comes to relationships, finances, tuition, having a job, measuring up to your callings, trusting that God will care for your family and friends when you want to but can’t, and knowing that God will trust you also to aid in His work.

• A spiritual famine is so much harder than a real hunger for food. Without the spirit not only does your progression slow down immensely but you also forget things about the gospel so much easier. Without that connection with God you cannot teach, you don’t receive regular inspiration, your ability to serve is greatly decreased, you have to bear afflictions on your own, you begin losing spiritual gifts and strength, and you feel things missing in your life on a daily basis and it hurts more, physically and spiritually. You lose a glow about you that draws others to the gospel. It is not worth it in the slightest.

It is because of these, and many more reasons, that I need to share the gospel with everyone! I cannot allow these people in the world to continue in this famine if I can do anything about it. I don’t know everything, but I know enough, and I love God’s children so much I cannot help but leap at the joy I feel when I think of bringing my brothers and sisters to the knowledge of the Restoration of the Gospel, the Savior, the Scriptures, and of the prophet today. God has a work for me to do here, and I will not let Him down. He has given me my testimony and experience for this reason, and who am I to withhold eternal blessings from anyone? I want everyone to have the joy I know! Joseph Smith saw with his own eyes God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ, and the priesthood has been on the Earth descending from him to today, and the prophet today, Thomas S Monson, has all the keys of the priesthood. All the scripture we posses point to Christ our Savior, who is truly our Brother and example to bring us back to Father. I know these things beyond any shadow of a doubt, and everyone here on Earth can if they ask in faith and allow the Holy Ghost to touch their hearts and minds, and declare that the words of the gospel are true. I KNOW this! I want the world to know it as well. It is my greatest desire, and I await the call of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment