There is an old Jewish proverb that goes, "When you plan, God laughs"...
I went to talk to the Stake Prez last Tuesday, knowing that my papers would go in. My papers are completed, I had my interview with the bishop, and everything was finally going according to plan...until the interview. President Packer asked me all kinds of questions, where I wanted to serve, about David, etc etc, and all seemed to be going alright, and then he pulled a surprising card on me. He asked, "How would you feel if we waited until January to submit your papers?"
Needless to say I was shocked by this news regardless of the million delays I've already had, but he told me he felt inspired that I should wait until January. I was in shock for a couple days, and then I decided there was no point in not planning for something in that time being, and I decided to attend another semester at BYUI, and as I started looking at classes and internship options, I felt I was doing the right thing. To look at some positive sides to that, Dad and Rachel and everyone else who can will probably be there for my endowment (in January) and my farewell (in April)! I might be able to hit my internship off, I have a good job in Rexburg I can continue in building very important skills for what I want to do in life, and there are a few other benefits. Yeah I won't probably get married when I was planning to, but you know, the Lord comes first and we look forward with faith. Life is good. When I went to the temple to pray about it, I felt good about it and knew that everything will work out.
My personal hope for this is that China will open in that time and I can go into China as soon as I get out! :) That would make me so happy!
My dad has graciously consented to allow me to use part of his GI Bill to afford Winter Semester '11, so it seems everything will just pan out as it is "supposed to", whether it's "my" plan or not. We will just have to see what happens!!! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment